Friday, February 1, 2013

Carly Rae JOB-sen.


Well, I am a typical twenty-something approaching graduation, the Funeral March softly tinkling in the background. The number one thing on my mind is getting a post-grad job. Whether I will be graduating in January 2012 or May 2013 (still up in the air), the number one goal still stands - Get hired, or die trying.

So, in a fit of stress and delusion, I created this short little diddy from the chorus of my favorite summer guilty pleasure. It isn't a moment of musical/lyrical genius, but I hope it makes you smile. Especially you, overly ambitious, stressed and employment-challenged twenty-something. Yes, you.

Hey, I just met you,

and this interview was crazy,

but here's my resume,

so, hire me, maybe...?


Maybe when I am bored at a later date, I will create an entire parody (with YouTube music video included). But, for now, I am going to sign off with that. Wishing you all a happy Fourth of July. May America continue to be a land of the free and home of the brave, but have a little more pity on us graduating college students in the job arena...

No comments:

Post a Comment